Encourage and engage in informed and objective consideration
of any development plans or processes proposed for the Albany Waterfront District, and review them against our goals:
- Reclaim the Waterfront shoreline for all residents, including the young and the elderly. This must include
a fully accessible, well-maintained, and family-friendly expanse of park land along the shoreline, including the City-owned
- Complete the Bay Trail.
- Preserve and protect Codornices Creek and the wetlands as
valuable environmental resources.
- Educate and inform Albany residents about the geological, legal, financial,
and environmental aspects of the Waterfront District.
- Engage a wide range of viewpoints through a community-involvement
process, conducted by an independent consultant.
- Involve the current and future owners of Golden Gate Fields.
- Protect revenues of existing Albany businesses.
- Ensure sufficient tax revenues that fully
fund City and School District services, programs, and capital-improvement plans, without requiring the levying of new taxes
on Albany property owners.
- Do not rely on state funding.
- Encourage adherence to sustainable
design principles, such as those set forth by the US Green Building Council.
- Do not include casino gambling.